"I don’t believe in doing this in a black box—great design results from a balanced, collaborative, and co-creative process that makes decision-making powerful and much more fun and fulfilling."
Owner/Art Director/Designer/Photographer/Purveyor of Design Excellence
Julie Maguire Visual Design & Photography, May 2016-Present
- I do it all :)
Forward Financing, December 2015-May 2016
- responsible for creation of all branding and brand-related assets (including an in-progress re-branding)
- producer/editor of all photography/video
- works closely with project contributors, facilitates, and supports team efforts
Senior Digital Designer
Globoforce Ltd, November 2013-December 2015
- works closely with project contributors & facilitated/supported team efforts.
- lead kick-offs, design discussions, and creative reviews with managers and clients.
- organized content, assets, and messaging by creating functional architecture and wireframes for various projects for print & web.
- played an integral part in bringing beautiful ideas to digital life by gaining a thorough understanding of client needs, project objectives, and deadlines.
- actively collaborated throughout the life of a project: discovery, design, development, testing, etc.
- responsible for following project management throughout the life of a project from discovery to final asset approval and delivery along side creative services manager.
- responsible for all photography production and sourcing.
Freelance Art Director
Reebok, June 2013-august 2013
- worked closely with marketing manager to produce “a skeleton map” for implementing images and text into Reebok’s newly designed responsive website.
- art directed all photo usage and manipulation along with photo-retouching.
- worked with/managed co-ops to update Reebok’s CrossFit Games section of the Reebok Interational website.
Freelance Senior Designer
HealthTalker, October 2012-April 2013
- worked closely with front-end and back-end developers to gain knowledge and implement newly created features for HealthTalker’s new consumer website and platform.
- created brand strategy and brand development through intelligent user-interface, information architecture, custom graphics, original copy and design.
- executed UI/UX skills through designs of secondary web pages including: stories/story sharing, forums, and dashboards for specific programs.
- responsible for creating and maintaining design for healthtalker’s new consumer platform website, translating the brand through different clients (print and web) and managing photographic needs for social media platforms.
CIDC, February 2012-July 2012
senior Interactive designer
SapientNitro, May 2011-February 2012
freelance art director
Upromise, Inc., February 2009 - July 2010
bfa graphic design & photography
savannah college of art & design
adobe creative cloud
- digital: UX design, UI design, web
- print: from concept to production - all of it!
- integration of digital & hand-rendered illustration
- art direction & shooting
- conceptual, product, fashion & advertising
- landscape, people, architecture, environments, events
- studio lighting & production
- digital manipulation & printing
in-house agency forum